To Cook the Farro
Makes 2 cups cooked farro
Place the farro, water and salt in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low, cover, and simmer for 50 minutes. Drain excess water.
- 2 Cups cooked farro
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces chevre (soft goat cheese)
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Medium shallot, peeled & chopped
- 2 Cups chopped arugula
Place the warm cooked farro in a large mixing bowl and add the olive oil and balsamic, stir to mix well. Add chopped shallot, arugula, cucumber and chevre and stir to combine all ingredients. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Serve warm or chilled.
Compliments of: Bluebird Grain Farms