- 1/2 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 pound Napa cabbage, cored and thinly sliced crosswise (4 cups)
- 6 radishes, diced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced diagonally
season: summer, fall
Whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, shallot, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl until sugar has dissolved, then whisk in chives.
Toss cabbage, radishes, and celery with dressing.
Gourmet, Nov 2007, Lillian Chou