What you'll need:
- 1 medium yellow onion (cipollini or standard yellow)
- 1/2 head garlic, minced or pressed
- A generous dollop of good olive oil
- 1/2 a carnival squash, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
A few each of:
- Brussels sprouts
- A few sprigs of rosemary, removed from stems and minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400° (350° if your oven runs hot). Chop and sauté onions with garlic and olive until just soft. While onions are cooking, chop all vegetables into bite sized pieces, and add to a large bowl. Add cooked onions and garlic to the vegetables and toss. Add olive oil as needed to just coat the vegetables. Toss again. Add salt, pepper, and rosemary and toss once more.
Cover vegetables and bake, approximately one hour, until vegetables are tender.